Cash Investment (Liquid): $100000
Minimum Investment: $96150
Maximum Investment: $119900
Minimum Net Worth: $200000
Franchise Fee: $39500
Average # of Employees:
Year Established: 2003
Year First Franchised: 2004
WHO ARE WE?
FUN BUS is a children’s mobile fitness “gym on wheels” catering to children aged 2-7, with the mission of “driving young children to the love of fitness!” The FUN part of our name applies not only to kids who go crazy for their time on the bus, but also to their FUNtrepreneurs who are all excited to be able to bring some FUN back into their careers and entrepreneurial journeys.
Their unique buses are refurbished, retired school buses that have been transformed into safe, colorful and age-appropriate fitness buses for children ages 2-7. Whether they are bringing the FUN to weekly fitness sessions at daycares, with professionally developed lesson plans, or they are providing the FUN and entertainment at a child’s birthday party or special event, the children are always beyond excited to see the BIG GREEN BUS roll up with age-appropriate music, mini-fitness equipment, slides, swings, and fitness-focused games and activities to support appropriate development and encourage their love of making fitness FUN.
The business model offers FUNtrepreneurs a quick start-up, multiple revenue streams, recurring revenue and strong scalability. Being mobile means low overhead, and quick ROI making it a very strong investment. And while the profitability is an attractive component of this opportunity, the FUNtrepreneurs seem to value most the great work/life balance and the positive impact they make on the lives of so many young children.
With a strong brand following and little direct competition, their President, Stacey Kimmins instantly recognized the industry potential in FUN BUS. Since Stacey took over, FUN BUS has moved toward a more of a management model, allowing Franchise Owners to capitalize on the scalability of the business. This also allows for growth and development, with some FUNtrepreneurs running up to FIVE busses. Multiple busses means multiple revenue streams.
1. Positive Impact on Children: Physical education plays a significant role in a child's self-esteem and skill development. As children gain confidence, they also gain happiness. For their FUNtrepreneurs, there is no greater feeling than knowing that their business brings so much positivity to the little ones in their community.
2. Strong Economics: With no physical location or build-out costs to endure, their FUNtrepreneurs enjoy starting their business with a low investment and extremely low overhead. They can also launch their new business in less than 90 days, meaning they are generating revenue faster than most franchise businesses in the children's fitness space. Combine this with the fact that their overhead is relatively minimal, and they can start to understand why the profitability potential of the FUN BUS model is high.
3. Multiple Revenue Streams: Their revenue streams complement each other creating steady cash flow. FUNtrepreneurs take advantage of weekly daycare sessions, weekend and weekday birthday parties, special events and summer camps.
4. Easily Scalable: Growing their business into multiple buses in multiple territories is simple and can be achieved quickly. In comparison to children’s gyms franchises, which requires hundreds of thousands of dollars for every additional location they want to grow into, at FUN BUS, the cost and speed of adding another bus is minimal.
5. Work/Life Balance: Their business model was created with freedom and flexibility in mind. Their “Manager Model” allows FUNtrepreneurs to train staff to cover all events, so that they can focus on growing the business, or enjoying more free time with their families
Training Pre-Training includes support in entity and business set up (quickbooks, payroll, constant contact, online registration platform, supply ordering, pre-marketing, staff hiring and training). Brand Headquarter training includes support in pricing strategies, marketing strategies, and overall culture and franchise training, Instructor training
On-Going Support Following Grand Opening, we provide our FUNtrepreneurs with weekly/monthly support calls, training videos, an online portal to access all marketing materials and a franchisee newsletter. One big component of our support lies in our Bus Refurbishment support program. FUN BUSes are refurbished at one of our two approved locations. We assist in sourcing the bus and support the process of the build out. Big yellow buses get their seats removed, their ceilings cut to have rooftops installed and a generator track installed on the driver’s side. The inside is gutted, cleaned up then rug is installed along the bottom and up the walls. The inside is painted, followed by the outside, then the bright decals are put on. Finally, the equipment is added inside. We source all of the pieces, including the equipment, leaving only decorative details and some game items to the owner.
Field support: Each FUNtrepreneur will have their own Operations Manager, who is tasked with current and new franchisee support and communication, operational assistance and profitability coaching. They will visit FUNtrepreneurs at their locations as needed.
Marketing We will provide FUNtrepreneurs with a wide variety of marketing collateral to help generate new customers and leverage partnerships within their communities (preschools, daycares and other community organizations), and have a solid training program in place to teach FUNtrepreneurs how to successfully and effectively utilize these marketing tools and relationships. We are currently engaged with one of the top franchise marketing companies in the industry to help bring new life into our brand, and our overall marketing strategy.
Ideal Franchise Owner:
Strong sales & marketing skills
Customer focused with excellent communication skills
Values helping children grow and smile
Desires to own a business that brings true fulfillment, not just profitability
Positive, outgoing and eager to have FUN with their new business
Affinity for working with children
Passion for fitness / healthy lifestyle
Complete this form to learn about the average revenue of this franchise!