Q&A with ARCHADECK
Updated: Jun 2
ARCHADECK FRANCHISE OPPORTUNITY
A great opportunity for:
Individual seeking business ownership with proven concept and high level of support and training. Enjoys:
-Flexible Schedule -High gross profit margins -Results oriented
-Low overhead -Home-based
Archadeck is the leading luxury design-build outdoor living franchise in the industry with close to 60 locations and over 100,000 structures built. We offer a comprehensive model that focuses on:
Residential Custom Design & Build for outdoor living spaces including:
· Screened Porches
· Outdoor Kitchens
…and anything you can dream up for the backyard with exception of a pool!
Questions and Answers
1. How did the franchise get started and what is the background of your executives? ARCHADECK was started 41 years ago by an architect and a deck builder. Over the years, it has grown into the industry leader in creating all spaces outdoor living. Our leadership comes with a strong background in both franchising and the financial world. We are proud to have a leadership team that comes with a successful track record as franchisees themselves to offer our candidates “real world” perspective.
2. What sets you apart from your competitors?
Everything! ARCHADECK does not have a true competitor that offers our full range of services along with the warranties to back them up. At ARCHADECK, we train our franchisees to exceed all structural and building codes, along with exceeding client expectations along the way.
3. Why a franchise vs. a startup or existing business?
ARCHADECK is fortunate to have four decades of experience and processes available to set a new franchisee up right from the beginning. Our experienced team is here to train and assist them whether it be in sales, marketing, drafting, building, operations, IT, and much more. Our training and support are available to those in the system for 1 week or 25 years. We thrive on watching our franchisees succeed!
4. What is the best thing about being a part of ARCHADECK?
ARCHADECK is not just a business or franchise system, it is a family of passionate business owners from all different backgrounds. The bonds created in the system last a lifetime and are something that our franchisees treasure. IN ADDITION, with ARCHADECK, our franchisees get the opportunity to design something that has a tangible end result. The process is something the client looks forward to and is excited to see the franchisee when they arrive! It is a positive experience and a great way to get out and about each day, while deriving satisfaction from what you do.
5. Can you describe a typical day of a franchise owner?
ARCHADECK franchisees are able to make their own appointments with their prospects and typically go to day bids or early evening bids, when needed. Their main function is planning, operation, sales, project management, while the build itself is done by sub-contract labor that is hired out. The franchisee spends part of their day in sales calls, reviewing proposals, and visiting job sites to check in for part of the day. They also may have some office work such as: working with our drafting department, proposals to prepare, and product to order.
SCALING THE BUSINESS: As the location grows, we usually see a part time administrative position hired within 3-6 months. With continued growth, the franchisee may decide to bring in an additional sales manager or project manager (depending on the franchisees skill set).
6. Can you describe what a candidate will experience while researching ARCHADECK?
We pride ourselves on a discovery process that is very thorough and want to invite the candidate to gain as much information as they possibly can so they may make a very informed decision. Our discovery includes and introductory call with our leader of franchise development, a webinar with our VP of ARCHADECK and prior franchisee, FDD review, franchisee validation, capital planning calls and a confirmation day here at our headquarters. (Typical time frame of the Discovery Process 30-60 days)
7. Do you offer any funding?
We do not offer funding, but we do offer third party referrals that are very familiar with ARCHADECK and our positive track record. ARCHADECK is SBA approved.
8. Tell us a little about ARCHADECK support and training program.
ARCHEDECK has an extensive three-week training program that will have the new franchisee ready to go back to their location ready to begin working new leads.
Training includes but is not limited to:
Training includes, but is not limited to:
· A comprehensive marketing workshop where franchisees are introduced to both inbound and outbound forms that will be available to them.
· Product knowledge, drafting and design sessions taught by our experienced In-House Specialists.
· Time in the field visiting and learning about aspects of construction and project management.
· Sales and Operations Sessions
· Pricing and using the Proprietary Pricing Software
· IT Sessions learning the proprietary CRM
· Accounting – Setting up quickbooks
chart of accounts to prepare for book keeping and annual benchmarking studies
9. What kind of input will I have in marketing and advertising?
There is a great deal of opportunity for the franchisee to be involved in the marketing and advertising for their location. We have inbound and outbound marketing professionals on our team, along with an in-house graphics team that can create custom work for the franchisee upon request. Our team is ready to work with each new franchisee and look at each individual market to drill down and help create the best plan.
10. Do I have to own a brick and mortar location? If so, can you tell us a little about that. There is no brick and mortar necessary for ARCHADECK. Most new locations begin by working from home, as their client appointment are at the homeowner’s residence. This helps to keep the initial start up costs lower.
11. What are important factors for a successful franchise owner?
Successful franchisees are willing to get out each day and network, make relationships, create opportunities. They have a desire for success and are going to do what it takes to grow a business that is in high demand. They are great communicators with both the high-end client and the sub-contractors who are providing the labor for their jobs. Successful Archadeck franchisees are willing to follow a system and are not afraid to call the support team for assistance.
Want to learn more about buying a franchise? Contact me today.
Interested in owning a business but not ready, take our FREE franchise classes.