Cash Investment (Liquid): $75,000
Minimum Investment: $89,000
Maximum Investment: $132,600
Minimum Net Worth: $200,000
Franchise Fee: $49,500
Royalty Type: Flat Percentage Fee
Royalty Fee Structure: 6.5%
Average # of Employees:
Year Established: 1989
Year First Franchised: 2013
WHO ARE WE?
Skedaddle has been the pioneer and leader of humane wildlife control since 1989. Wildlife removal has not changed much in the past 32 years, it is still an industry where 95% of companies are one-man operations trapping, euthanizing, and separating mothers from their babies as a way to solve customers' wildlife conflicts. At Skedaddle, their objective is to provide homeowners with a permanent solution that includes humane removal, decontamination, and preventative measures that keep homes and families safe from wild animals.
1. Outstanding Revenue & High Profit Margins and Average Net Profit Percentage of 43%.
2. Humane Approach: At Skedaddle, they do not kill, trap, or relocate animals. They simply repair the animal's entry points and other weak and vulnerable areas. Most homes have over 30 common entry areas for wildlife that need to be secured or repaired. This not only ensures a happy customer with their problem solved but also promotes future business opportunities with nearby homeowners who may be experiencing the same issue.
3. Semi-Absentee Opportunity: If a Franchise Owner wants in on this lucrative and needs-based service, but does not want to get their hands dirty and do wildlife removal themselves, they can hire a strong General Manager and oversee the business from a semi-absentee perspective.
4. Minimal Competition: While there are many pest control companies and franchises out there, the number of companies focused on wildlife removal, especially humane wildlife removal, are few and far between. In the U.S. they have no national competition focused on humane methods and will beat out a local "Chuck-in-a-Truck" every time.
5. Essential, Necessary Service: When customers see an animal hole or hear scratching in their homes, they panic and call a wildlife control company. During 2020, due to people spending more time and money on their homes and wanting to protect them from damage, they saw record sales numbers and will always be deemed a necessary, recession-resistant company.
6. Year-Round Business: Not only will Franchise Owners be generating strong profits with wildlife removal, but they also offer three additional revenue streams, attic restoration, pest control, and Christmas decorations.
7. Home-Based and Scalable: Skedaddle is home-based or can be run out of a storage facility. Because of their low investment, low overhead, and the in-demand and necessary nature of their work, this is a concept that is extremely scalable. While they don't require it, they would love to see owners with 5-10+ vehicles running in the market.
8. Call Center: They offer a corporate call center that is open 7 days a week to assist with scheduling, fielding calls, and sending appointment reminders to customers. Also, all Owners use industry-leading software, Salesforce Field Service Lightning CRM, which has been highly customized to meet he needs of their business, have paperless billing, and a receipt app that does accounting entry for them.
Training: Their initial training program takes place at their headquarters in Ancaster, Ontario, and includes 31 hours in a classroom and 42 hours of on-the-job training. Owners will learn about marketing, accounting, admin tasks, supplier relationships, reporting, their sales process, the technical aspects of wildlife removal, pest control, attic restoration, and holiday decor. Training is primarily hosted by their Chief Operating Officer, Barry Dowd, CEO & Founder Bill Dowd, and Director of Technical Services Corey Lewis.
Ongoing Support: With over 30 years in the industry, there is not a situation they haven't experienced or seen allowing their support team to always be on the call away for assistance on specific issues. They also offer Franchise Owners top-of-the-line technology, online learning content, and a corporate call center to support them in running the day-to-day aspects of their business.
Marketing: The corporate team assists Franchise Owners in creating a location-specific website and maintaining ongoing SEO. They assist Owners with launching Google Adwords and create content that can be shared to help promote their business.
Ideal Candidates should be:
At Skedaddle they offer two very different business tracks. They are looking for individuals who want to run a smaller 1 territory (2 vans) business, as well as those looking to build an empire and run 5 territories (20-30 vans) in their market. Because of this, their definition of an ideal Franchise Owner is very broad.
Complete this form to learn about the average revenue of this franchise!