Cash Investment (Liquid): $125,000
Minimum Investment: $57,873
Maximum Investment: $108,048
Minimum Net Worth: $300,000
Franchise Fee: $44,000
Royalty Type: Scalable
Royalty Fee Structure:
Major Market (MM) & Non-Major Market (NMM): 20% of the annual Gross Revenue from the TAB Opportunity from $1.00 - $125,000 and 10% of the annual Gross Revenue from the TAB Opportunity from $125,001 and greater.
Ad Fee Structure:
Average # of Employees:
Year Established: 1990
Year First Franchised: 1996
The Alternative Board
WHO ARE WE?
The Alternative Board is an exclusive, membership-based organization that helps business leaders achieve more – more profitability, productivity, and personal fulfillment.
As TAB-Certified Facilitator/Coaches, franchise owners lead monthly peer advisory board meetings and provide business coaching and consulting to individual members and their companies.
Competitive Advantage: The biggest advantages to owning a TAB business versus a traditional consulting business are:
• Income predictability: Under TAB’s subscription model, members pay monthly membership dues which provide a consistent cash flow that franchisees can count on from month to month.
• Additional income: Revenue beyond membership dues from consulting provided to TAB members and others met through the TAB opportunity.
• Transferability of board membership: Equity in the TAB business is built because the members find the value in the boards and the process, not in an individual. We have a strong history of successful re-sales.
• International presence
Lead Generation Assistance: TAB’s provides a proven integrated approach to marketing and launching a new TAB business, consisting of:
• A proven list of target prospects in select industries and revenue sizes based on propensity to become members.
• Outbound marketing campaign, involving email marketing, telemarketing, and webinars, to target prospects.
• Social media marketing to build connections, raise awareness and generate discovery meetings with prospects.
• TAB’s business networking and referral marketing programs, providing additional opportunities to generate interest from local business owners.
• Center of Influence events, educating select local influencers with special offers, so they can help spread the word about TAB.
Training: TAB’s franchisee training program consists of:
• Online pre-initial training
• Eight days of Initial Training
• Up to eight days of field support training in franchisee’s protected territory, helping franchisee launch the business
• Two days of Advanced Training held during conference yearly
• Weekly business coaching during the first six months of operations
• Ongoing training via annual international facilitator conferences, webcasts, and online training
Our most successful franchisees possess several of the following attributes:
Motivated and driven to succeed
Possess strong business development aptitude
Enjoy prominence and prestige in their community
Passionate about helping business owners succeed
Comfortable making group presentations
Minimum of seven years of business executive, ownership or consulting experience
Function of the Owner/Daily Tasks:
Facilitate monthly peer advisory board meetings, comprised of up to 10 members on each board. Members are typically business owners, CEOs, presidents and key executives. Members share issues and give real-world, practical advice on how to solve challenges and seize new opportunities.
Conduct individual monthly coaching sessions with each member. TAB has proprietary tools and processes to deliver value to members.
Present the TAB process and membership benefits to prospective members both in group and one-on-one settings.
Complete this form to learn about the average revenue of this franchise!