Cash Investment (Liquid): $150,000
Minimum Investment: $280,750
Maximum Investment: $482,200
Minimum Net Worth: $300,000
Franchise Fee: $45,000
Royalty Type: Flat Percentage Fee
Royalty Fee Structure: 5.5%
Average number of employees:
Year Established: 2018
Year First Franchised: 2020
WHO ARE WE?
Toastique's unique product line features all-natural, locally-sourced, healthy offerings for individuals looking for quick, on-the-go meals and snacks to fit into their busy lifestyle. Their boutique gourmet toast and juice bar provides a rustic, chic experience that perfectly transitions from early on-the-go breakfast to post-gym fuel-ups. Based in Washington D.C., and inspired by the city's lively energy and endearing small-town ambiance, their cafes take on a similar demeanor. They are bright and vibrant with a staff that welcomes customers with open arms and a smile.
1. Impressive Financials: Not only did their first location far exceed initial sales goals, but they brought in over $1 million in sales in their first full year in business! In addition to that, they remained profitable in the first six months of 2020, despite the global pandemic. Their ability to quickly pivot the model to offer delivery and pick-up options demonstrates that they have a timely model that is here to stay.
2. Low Risk Investment: For a restaurant concept, Toastique has a considerably low initial investment starting at only $28,000 - about a third of the cost of a typical restaurant concept! Their simple model allows them to maintain very little overhead, increasing potential for faster ramp-up and ROI.
3. Growing Health Industry: Consumers are increasingly seeking out nutritious "grab-and-go" dining options. As health concern continue to rise, they see that the availability of options in the fast-casual space are becoming increasingly in demand. Consumers are also looking for food transparency on their menus, and Toastique candidly displays the derivative of their ingredients, as they are all locally sourced, prepared in-house and all natural.
4. Simplicity and Scalability: Toastique's compact, efficient design requires no extreme cooking equipment such as ovens, fryers or hoods, allowing for quick, affordably construction. In fact, they built their first three corporate locations in 40 days, from the start of demolition to receiving the Certificate of Occupancy! Once opened, their locations are manageable for one person to run alone if sales volume allows.
5. Flexible Dining Options: Their product offerings lend themselves to be eaten at one of their cafes, delivered to a home or office, or taken out. There is also unlimited potential for large catering opportunities as all of their menu items can be easily translated to a buffet or tray-passed form. The variety of methods they can use to bring their product to their customers provides diversification of revenue and extra security for their Owners.
Support and Training Notes:
Their initial 2 week training program consists of 4 hours of classroom training and 126 hours of on-the-job training at their corporate location in Washington D.C. During this time, new owners will learn everything from recipes, ordering, ingredients, processes, POS, inventory, management, employee training, hiring, marketing, grand opening assistance, and location-specific opportunities.
Ongoing Support: The training and support will never end as they continuously grow and adapt. The Toastique Team will be present during the Grand Opening to ensure every last detail is accounted for a successful launch. Once the cafe is open, they will host bi-monthly calls to keep owners informed with any new happenings, such as their Toast of the Weeks and seasonal promotions. They take pride in being available 24/7 for their owners.
Field Support: Assistance with site selection, permitting, contractor and subcontractor selection, and through the entire construction and inspections process. He will review quotes to ensure that the buildout costs end up at or below market. If new owners prefer, the Toastique Team have the ability to perform the general contracting of new locations themselves. Either way, the construction process, which can often be highly intimidating, will be a walk in the park for new owners.
Marketing: Owners must spend 2% of quarterly Gross Sales on local marketing efforts. They have an impressive social media following with dedicated fans who become ambassadors for the brand.
At Toastique, they are looking for pioneers who are looking to get in on the ground floor of a business opportunity and capitalize on the strength of the surging healthy fast-casual industry. A passion for spreading health and wellness throughout the community is very important for the culture of the brand. Their Ideal Franchise Owners are entrepreneurial in spirit and share their vision for providing an industry-leading product.
Experience in the fast-paced hospitality industry preferred (restaurants, events, etc.)
Strong business management background
Strong work ethic
Excellent interpersonal communication skills
Passionate about health and wellness
Outgoing and friendly
Multi-unit capable, if desired
Owner-Operator or Semi-Absentee
Complete this form to learn about the average revenue of this franchise!