Cash Investment (Liquid): $200,000
Minimum Investment: $226,050
Maximum Investment: $673,850
Minimum Net Worth: $500,000
Franchise Fee: $49,500
Royalty Type: Flat Percentage Fee
Royalty Fee Structure:
3% weekly for 6 months,
4% weekly months 7-12,
6% weekly after that
Average # of Employees:
Year Established: 1999
Year First Franchised: 2006
Wag N' Wash
WHO ARE WE?
At Wag N’ Wash, their customers feel their cats and dogs aren’t just pets but cherished family members, and they couldn’t agree more! With this in mind, they have designed unique stores that combine their state of the art pet services such as grooming and self-wash, high-quality pet food, with thoughtfully-curated retail goods to enhance the bonds between pets and their people. Since 1999, they have transformed the pet industry by creating a one-stop convenience for customers who are looking for high-quality offerings in order to keep their pets happy and healthy. Their five revenue streams- self-service wash, full-service grooming, in-house bakery, pet food, and retail section- cater to almost all segments of the $72.5 billion pet industry!
1. Innovative Convenience: Pet owners are focused on two things- keeping their animals happy and healthy. Unfortunately, this task can become daunting as products and trends change quickly. At Wag N’ Wash, they have created a one-stop-shop where owners can have their pets washed and shop for natural pet food and other retail items based on their employee’s expertise and advice. Their one-on-one guidance means Wag N’ Wash customers may not have to visit the vet nearly as often!
2. Service Focused: Unlike other pet retailers who are struggling with the advent of Amazon and Chewy.com, Wag N’ Wash has yet to see a decline in sales due to online competition. They attribute this to the curated shopping experience they have created for their customers and the services they provide. To be frank, the internet can’t wash or groom pets, which is why these services drive their customer base. Customers bring their pets to Wag N’ Wash to be bathed, and in turn, they become loyal to them because of the unparalleled expertise their team provides.
3. Strong Economics: Compared to other large names in the pet franchising space, such as Pet Supplies Plus and Dogtopia, who have average investments between $878,000 - $1.1 Million, the average initial investment for Wag N' Wash is $607,200 with strong returns. In 2019, their Average Gross Sales were $1.6 Million!
4. Customer Loyalty: When customers visit Wag N’ Wash, they are looking for a personalized experience that cannot be replicated online or in big-box pet stores. Their employees are experts on every item in the store and speak with customers about their individual pets’ stage of life, activity level, dietary restrictions, and more to give knowledgeable and informed suggestions on food, treats, toys, and other products. Because of this outstanding level of customer service, their Franchise Owners enjoy a customer retention rate well above industry average.
5. Grade-A Territories Available: Unlike other pet-related franchise concepts, Wag N’ Wash has availability nationwide, including highly sought-after markets! While some of their competition has sold out prime locations and only has “B” option real estate remaining, Wag N’ Wash has grade-A territories wide open for Owners who are looking to run a fun business in a booming industry!
Our philosophy is that training never ends! We begin our two-phase training program at Wag University in Colorado Springs, Colorado. The first phase takes place over seven days when we review our company philosophy, real estate, and construction, marketing, and product training. The second phase occurs 4-6 weeks before the store opens and includes the Franchise Owner working in our corporate locations for 10 days. We require all new Owners and their General Managers to take and pass an 80 question exam. Once they pass initial training, our staff supports the new Owner by being at their location 3 days prior and for 7 days after opening.
At Wag N’ Wash, we don’t think our animal companions are the only ones who should be spoiled! In order to maximize success, we assign each owner a “Guide Dog,” one of our Franchise Support Experts. They assist with team management, maintaining relationships with preferred vendors, offer training on operational systems, and have weekly calls with new Owners. Also, these experts never have more than 20 locations under their viewpoint (franchise industry average is over 30 locations) ensuring they always have a timely follow-up to specific situations. In addition, our VP of Finance does monthly or quarterly reviews with our Franchise Owners to ensure there are no red flags.
Our corporate team visits each location 4 times per year to conduct an on-site audit and address any questions and concerns from the Franchise Owner. President, Rob Flanagan also visits each location at least once a year.
Our Brand Building Fund is 1.5% of Monthly Gross Revenues, and we require 3% of Gross Revenues to be spent on local marketing efforts. The corporate marketing team visits each location at least once a year and all Owners have a dedicated marketing expert to speak with for specific needs. Corporate creates marketing calendars for each Owner and designs and evaluates the cost-effectiveness and negotiates rates for all advertising. Our website is constructed to drive traffic to local stores and marketing tactics range from Google Ad Words, Social Media, geo-targeting, and traditional methods.
We do host an annual conference.
Our ideal Franchise Owner should have a passion for animals as well as for their bottom line. They are community-oriented and enjoy the sense of fulfillment that comes from making a difference in the lives of the people and animals they serve. Wag N’ Wash seeks to partner with business-minded professionals looking to leave a stuffy corporate job for something more fun and satisfying. They must love people and be able to provide excellent customer service. We are also looking for the following characteristics: ● Management and leadership background ● Retail/service industry experience ● Detail-oriented ● Pet enthusiast ● Community-focused ● Friendly & outgoing
Complete this form to learn about the average revenue of this franchise!